In less than one week’s time, I will be flying off to Kathmandu on May 23, the capital of Nepal to begin the 17-day great trekking trip.
x Wendy - Relaxing and enjoying a cup of hot drink in the evening ... surrounded by mountains, cool fresh air and clouds amid a beautiful and serene landscape. File pix: Ladakh, India in August 2006.
Append below is the schedule of the great trekking trip:
1. 23rd May Wed KL – Kathmandu (1340 m)
2. 24th May Thur Kathmandu fly to Lukla (2840 m) – Monjo (2844 m)
3. 25th May Fri Monjo – Namche Bazaar (3440 m)
4. 26th May Sat Acclimatization : Everest View Hotel
5. 27th May Sun Namche Bazaar via Khunde – Khumjung (3780 m)
6. 28th May Mon Khumjung – Dole (4200 m)
7. 29th May Tues Dole – Machhermo (4480 m)
8. 30th May Wed Machhermo – Gokyo (4790 m)
9. 31st May Thur Gokyo Ri excursion (5357 m)
10. 1st June Fri Gokyo – Tagnag (4700 m)
11. 2nd June Sat Tagnag – Cho La Pass (5420m) – Duglha (4620 m)
12. 3rd June Sun Duglha – Tengboche (3870 m)
13. 4th June Mon Tengboche – Monjo (2840 m)
14. 5th June Tues Monjo – Lukla (2840 m)
15. 6th June Wed Lukla fly back to Kathmandu
16. 7th June Thur Kathmandu
17. 8th June Fri Fly back to KL
For a comparison of altitude, the peak of Mount Kinabalu is 4,100 meters; Genting Highlands is 2,000 meters above sea level.
During this trekking trip, we would be able to see Mount Everest from a distance. Another highlight will be walking on a trail covers with snow.
x Ladakh, India ... August 2006
The Team Lead for this trip is Wendy. An avid trekker, she has scaled Mount Kilimanjaro in Tanzania, Africa (5,895 meters). As for her next challenge, she is considering to scale Mount Akonkagua in Argentina (6,959 meters).
Please click here to view Wendy’s previous trekking trip in Ladakh, India in August 2006. The Ladakh trip was tougher as trekkers camp in the wilderness in freezing temperature. However, in this trip, there will be proper tea-houses for accommodation.
Please click here (and scroll down to correct event) to view photos of another trekking trip to Kalapathar by Francis Toh, Tsu, Tammy and four other Pacesetters runners in September 2006. x
Please click here (and scroll to 28 August 2006 for Trekking in Yunnan) to view photos of trekking trip in Yunnan by PK Chan (centre; in the photo below) and other Pacesetters members.
KC Leong a.k.a. Penguin-1