Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Seremban Half Marathon

By Chee Wee (P11)
Photos are by courtesy of Tey Eng Tiong.
x


The Seremban Half marathon race was a superb one. Other than my deteriorated finishing time, the overall organizing capability by the organizer was demonstrated as a good race event. Besides, the weather in the morning was most pleasant for staging a great run.

Last year, our Tony P3 gave it a nickname, the Camel Race for lack of water stations; but it was totally a different scenario on Sunday 15 July. The water and sponges stations were located at every 5km distance. Last year, there was only one water station located at 10km mark. What an improvement!

Few of us realized that it was not necessary to carry our own water bottles in running that race. If we would have known the well-organized water refreshments set-up, we would prefer to run without the water bottles. Then, we would experience the freedom of running.

Jason Chin (p12)
x
Let us share the joy that Jason Chin’s (P12) girlfriend, SB Lai, won the cash prize and medal, as well as Mr. Chin. Now, they are in the "cari makam" group. Congratulations and Bravo!

Being able to go up the podium is a very strong motivating factor to train harder and improve in the timing. Let us hope that there will be more opportunities for them in other races.

SB Lai
x
About 200 meters to the finishing line, I was running with an exhausted body. I was pleased to see our dear friend, Tey Eng Tiong who was most kind in taking my photo. It was like magic and I was charged up instantly to put on my best smile. I would like to thank him for being there to give me a strong support and an encouragement to continue with my final push to cross the finishing line.

Chin YH - unique hairstyle
x

In spite of my running with cough & running nose, I was glad to complete the run together with Penguin-2, Penguin-12 and other friends. We indeed missed the other Penguin runners who could not take part in that run.

Chee Wee (p11)
x
My upper shoulder is still in pain the following day besides the sore legs muscles – this is due to insufficient training. One thing is certain in running: we can't fool ourselves as the results or outcome depends on the amount of effort that we have put in. The runners that run faster than us simply because they train harder than us.

By Chee Wee (Penguin-11)
x

No comments: