Sunday, July 01, 2007

Trekking in Annapurna, Nepal

Let me share with you more beautiful, impressive and magnificent photos of Nepal.

The photos below are extracted from the photo albums of Jean Soh, an avid trekker from Kuala Lumpur. She went for a trekking trip in Annapurna area of Nepal in October 2006 with another five friends.

Jean Soh - view sunrise, Poon Hill, Gorepani

I was riveted by the breathtaking landscape and I viewed all her five photo albums (almost 800 photos from internet) in quick succession.

After seeing the photos taken by her, I must say that the scenery at Annapurna is even more captivating compared to the Cho La Pass trip done by me from 23 May 2007.

The highest point of her treks, Thorong La Pass, stands at 5,420 meters above sea level, which is almost same height as Cho La Pass.

Simply beautiful

Jean Soh’s photo albums:
x
I will be organizing one trip to Annapurna area in late April next year. If you would like to know more of trekking or interested to come along, please write to me. Currently, I am liaising with the trek and tour agent in Nepal to identity the trek, duration and cost. Rest assured that there will be months of training (running and trekking in local hills) before the actual day.

Along trail to Tilicho Base Camp (TBC)

Trek to TBC , prone to landslide area (note by KC: Wow! Wow! This look terrific and dangerous)
Pokhara, Pehwa Lake - Picturesque perfect: serene lake, peaceful village, distant mountains and ice-caped peaks.

Thorong La Pass (TLP) - Yeah! I made it thus far.

On the way to TLP

Scenic view of Kagbeni from Muktinah

Treacherous trail to TBC

Yes! Definitely an attraction to walk on snow/ice.

Wow! this look awesome to me! ... KC

Enchanting landscape of Khangsar to TBC

Trail from Khangsar to Thorong Phedi before Thorong La Pass (TLP)

sunrise at Poon Hill

Jean is on top of hill opposite Manang, background is Khangsar & Tilicho area
x

1 comment:

Aku Comel said...

congratulations KC!