Thursday, September 20, 2007

Blind Adam

I have the urge to listen to Bryan Adam's latest song broadcasts over the airwave recently. It is wonderfully melodic and tuneful, but I did not get to know the title. So I decided to go to pasar malam in Subang Jaya on Sunday evening; while buying fruits and at the same time enquire the CD.

The first stall: the seller could not find it among the neatly arranged covers. Then I walked to the other end looking for second stall: "Got Bryan Adam CD ahh?" The seller responded: "Blind Adam ... Blind Adam… aiya, oredi finished." I was quite amused after hearing the new name "conferred" to this famous rock star.

That reminded me of another senior management staff by the name of Brian Au who has resigned; so we joked and called him "blind owl".

Then I walked to the third stall located further away. The lady owner, upon hearing my request, said, "mai sai chor" (finished). Immediately, I saw her taking out her log book and started writing, presumably to replenish stock.

Weeks later, I went to Amcorp Mall in Petaling Jaya and I stumbled across one record shop at the ground floor near to the main entrance. The entire shop was displaying huge posters of Bon Jovi with the new album “Lost Highway”. To my surprise, the song that I was looking for about ‘memory’ was in track # 3 of the album. I bought it as though it was a prized item.

Blind Adam - I am a dam blind one… ha ha ha. After two Sundays of fail attempts asking the stalls in pasar malam, I did not realized that I was checking on wrong artist.

The following morning, I played it excitedly in my car CD player while I was on my way to work. Needless to say, I am stuck at Track #3. I have been repeating the same song for the whole journey for days. Turn it loud, it was really an enjoyment listening to that song. The effect of the song works best when one is cruising on the highway. But make sure you do not overly enjoy in the song and lost in the highway.
The title of the song: (You want to) Make a Memory.

This is a slow moving, heartfelt song that is beautiful and romantic. It starts quietly and gradually advance its way to a soaring crescendo. Complemented by the melodius music, the song surges on with powerful musical instruments dominating the frequencies for the grand finish.

Listening to this song is like watching the fireworks competition at Putrajaya (Malaysia International Fireworks Competition, MIFC) recently giving the feel of being engulfed in the flame for the grand finish: both conclude with wonderful feeling.

Please click here to view the video clip ... turn on the speakers of your PC. ENJOY.

Written by KC
.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wah...... this is an interesting story. It is just like the song. The story started quietly and peak at the end ... somemore got video with song. he he. Well done.

Unknown said...

The latest 2 albums of Bon Jovi are really nice! They really are one of the BEST rock bands! Cheers...