Thursday, January 10, 2008

GE30K 2008

“Is the registration for GE30k Run still opened?” a caller asked anxiously when he called my handphone.
“No, sorry, the registration was closed a day ago,” I answered.
“When was the registration opened?” I pondered for a while and replied, “Since October 2007!” Yes, that was almost 2.5 months ago.

I received a notification from Pacesetters Club President, Mr. Munning on 7 Jan, and I later updated the Pacesetters Homepage. Since then, I received about 10 queries showing interest in the Great Eastern 30k run.

.

I empathize with them as they will miss this great event organizes by Pacesetters Club at the Lake Gardens of Kuala Lumpur.

One Sunday, while I was behind the wheel at 3:45 p.m., I actually heard the announcement over the radio introducing this run and the website
www.pacesetters.com.my was clearly heard. Since I am maintaining the Pacesetters website, hearing it gave me a sense of accomplishment.

According to the Club Vice-President, En. Rustam, the Club is still looking for more volunteers to support this event.

.

Time flies. When I first put up the notice, I knew it was a long, long time to the event day. Soon, on next Sunday (20 January), it is The Day.

I spoke to Chee Wee, Penguin-11, that he will assume the same role as Water Station Master at the usual location. As for Tony Penguin-3, he will be one of the volunteers at the finishing line.

I spoke to a few runners and they said they have not been doing any serious running after the Standard Chartered Singapore Marathon 2007 (or SCSM 2007 or SIM 2007) on 2 December 2007. Well, this run will be good for them to revive the enthusiasm in running. Besides, it is happening in our own turf.
.
Tony P3, Eric P10 and other runners

As for Jaime, she and another 40 runners from Singapore will be taking part in this GE30 run. They will put up a night in the official hotel, The Coronade Hotel opposite of Sungai Wang Plaza. The Hotel provides free transportation from hotel to the starting point only. As such, they decided to get a coach back to hotel after the run against the initial thought of walking or running back to the hotel. To a runner, this is possible as it is just an extended run. Considering that it is such a big group, it would be safer and less hassle to charter a coach.
.

Here is wishing all runners taking part in this great event – Great Eastern 30k Run – a good and enjoyable run.

The photographers will be Chan Wing Kai, Jason Lee and Hon You. Do put on your best smile for the camera even if you have pain in your legs -- just temporary subdue the agony... :-)

Written by KC

Note: All photos were taken in GE30K 2007

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi KC, are u joining GE run? I'll see u there again. :)

Anonymous said...

if u see me , don't forget to wave at me. I scare i cannot recognize you. :D