Monday, September 01, 2008

MIFC Putrajaya Fireworks

A fish-eye perspective of Putrajaya (view from PICC). Phtos courtesy of Jason Lee

From Joy Leong
.
I had the pleasure of meeting Jason Lee and Mike from your group last night (Friday 29 August) at the MIFC 2008 finale.
.
In a moment of utter stupidity, I had not thought to bring spare battery (everything else in my camera bag had a backup! lol) for my remote which of course, had to die on me moments before the start of the show!
.
I am deeply grateful to Jason and Mike who were beside me on the concourse tier. Jason offered his sturdy tripod in exchange for my flimsy one so that I could press the trigger manually with less shake!!

Never mind that once the show started, we had a pesky kinda large man squeezed between the tangled legs of our already closely spaced tripods, creating large tremors on all our shots! He would of course have perfect video clips on his mobile cam!!
.
Please could you post on your blog site my sincere thanks for the kind gesture extended?I remember visiting shots of last year's MIFC photos on your site and by a stroke of luckhad the honour of meeting some of your members this year.
.
My shots last year were taken from the car park in the Diplomatic Enclave - devoid of cityscape – but far enough not to have smoke. This year, my one chance at photographing from the 1st floor deck (took the fine dining buffet) ended after 5 minutes because of rain. I did not want to risk getting the equipment wet.

Team Spain's very beautiful display left me crying: I was moved by the sheer beauty and the music – The Impossible Dream. The photographer next to me thought they were tears of disappointment at not being able to shoot that gorgeous presentation and kindly offered to email me his!!
.
Keep up the great work and I look forward to seeing the results of all your shots!!
.
Way to go KC!
x
Marking the territory
x
Beautiful sunset
x
Enchanting moment of dusk
x

* * * * * * * *
Note by KC: Thanks for the email. The space for taking photos at PICC (Putrajaya International Convention Centre) is like hot property in Kuala Lumpur: photographers keenly competing with the prime spot to take the perfect pictures of the fireworks display.
.
Stay tuned for more photos of fireworks display. I have with me quite a number of albums from Jason Lee and Weng that I have not processed yet. And I will be going for a week's holidays starting next week, 8 Sept.
.
I am now busy processing the photos of Shape Run 2008.
x
The fireworks touched the clouds above and illuminated the sky
x



Posted by KC

No comments: