Monday, October 06, 2008

Pleasant Surprise at a New Balance Store

It is not an easy task walking in Sunway Pyramid shopping complex. With the new wings, that shopping complex is now very huge and requires a few ‘expedition’ to get used to the ‘terrain’.

It is funny that to run a 10km race is easier compared to strolling in a shopping complex. I usually get more tired walking and shopping in a shopping complex.

My main aim is to enquire those outdoor, adventure watches such as Pro Trek click here (from Casio, about RM 1,000) and Suunto click here (about RM 1,500) in preparing for my next trekking trips. Note: if anyone of you has “jalan” (connection) of shops selling watches, please let me know… :-)
xxxx
Pro Trek of Casio xxxxxxxxxxx Suunto X10 (with GPS tracking)

.

Walking around, I spotted a New Balance outlet at Level 1. With a quick assessment of my running gears, I decided to buy a pair of new running shorts (I have so many running vests and running shoes already).

After seeing a pair of running shorts of my liking and the list price is RM 69, I asked enthusiastically:

“Is there any discount?”

“No,” responded by a sales girl. I was a bit disappointed.

“… Unless you are a Pacesetters member,” I was pleasantly surprised to hear the most familiar words in my vocabulary. “Then you will be entitled for a 30% discount.” Wow! What a sweet surprise!
.

.
So, after presenting my Pacesetters membership card, my payment for this purchase was only RM 48.30

Well, being a Pacesetters runner, not only that we are part of Malaysia’s largest running club, membership has its privilege too when come to purchasing running gears.

Click here for Pacesetters Club website, and yours truly (KC) is the webmaster of the website.

Written by KC

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes! Shopping for gear at MVM Gardens is very satisfying experience for pacesetters members
Mizuno 30% discount
New Balance 30% discount
Adidas - 15% discount

All 3 shops are on the same floor..next to each other.

SCH

KC & the Sunshine Runners said...

Hi SCH,

Ah... MVM Gardens is a better place to shop for running gears as there are three shops close to one another.

Happy Running
KC :-)

Anonymous said...

Dont forget to cost in the membership joining and annual fee that you pay to Pacesetter when calculating discount and the years you paid but did not utilise the benefit.

Also NB, Mizuno and Adidas do give good discounts annually to clear stocks. NB has been known to give between 40-50%.

Bottom line is the 30% discount may not be what it seems.