Sunday, June 14, 2009

Broga Hill

A warm welcome - (L-R) Alexis, Dr. Hamdan, PK Chan, Jayne Aw.

(L-R): Yours truly (KC), Alexis, Rose, Jayne, Yoke Cheng, PK Chan, Dr. Hamdan

Start of the journey ... AB Tan, Vemanna

Joining us are Juliette's three adorable dogs. The male dog, though smaller in size, is more naughty and has to be lashed with Juliette. The three of them were having a fun time running around Broga Hill.

Human jam - Green wave for those going down now

At the peak - Hamdan, the pro, is boiling water and making hot drinks (while Alexis just make do with a packet of Milo drink)... :-)

On the way down ... Leng, Yoke Cheng, Hamdan, Sasa Ng, Shirley Teo, PK Chan, ChooTS

A happy moment to cherish -- (L-R) Jayne Aw, Alexis, Huey Ling, Rose, PK Chan, Dr. Hamdan


A wonderful time together: The mega group photo -- 36 members.


The scenic Broga Hill

Adjourn to the famous Ikan Bakar restaurant (about 7km further away from Broga town).

hmmm.... yummy yummy. We order nine (9) different flavor of Ikan Bakar

Please click here to view photos taken by yours truly (KC) when trekking at Broga Hill.

I was first introduced to Broga Hill in August 2008 after seeing Kathy's photos of the scenic Broga Hill. click here. So I told her that one day, I shall trek at Brogal Hill.

I visited the place two weeks ago on 30 May 2009, and on Saturday 13 June, I am back again. This time, I went together with a group of trekkers.

A few days before this trekking trip, I was worried as the haze problem suddenly became serious on 11 June. So I informed the trekkers that while we could not change the outcome of nature, when we go to Broga Hill, we would have to treat the haze as misty effect.

Nevertheless, the heavy rain at 5pm (the day before) and again at 3am on the day of trekking bring brief respite to the haze problem that is engulfing Klang Valley. During rainy season, a downpour on the eve of trekking day would mean the ground is wet, stream is full of water. This time, the heavy rain before the trekking trip is most welcomed to clean up the air.

The group has a wonderful time together at Broga Hill. Most noticable is Juliette's three adorable dogs which gained much popularity and attention with other trekkers.
.
We concluded the trekking trip by having a sumptuous lunch at the famous restaurant in Broga town (landmark: a big Chinsese temple) serving Ikan Bakar. Warning: if you do not tolerate the sub-standards facility and service offer by the restaurant, do not go there!

Posted by KC
.

8 comments:

Small Hiker said...

Hi KC! How to go to Broga Hill? When you guys are busy with KL Marathon on Jun 27, I got nothing scheduled as my trip to Gunung Belumut is off. The park is still not opento public as yet.

sofiantriathlete said...

Hi KC,
A casual question.
I cycle by most weekends and see this mass of cars by the road, now I know you all trek Broga Hill. What is this group called?
Regards

SOFIAN

KC & the Sunshine Runners said...

Hi Radzi, Please send me a test email. I have drawn up the map to Broga Hill... kcleong3@gmail.com

Hi Sofian,
Usually, the cars are parked in the oil palm estate (opposite the Rabbit Farm). Due to limited space, they park by the road side which is very safe too.

regards,
KC :-)

sofiantriathlete said...

ok tq

ween said...

Hi KC,

could you email me the map to Broga Hill.

Zurin

zurinholit @ gmail . com

Fun Zone said...

Hi,

I thought of bringing my kids together. Is the trek easy to walk/climb?

~Eddie

Elvin Lee said...

Hi,

Could you email me the map to Broga Hills?

summer_sky_84@hotmail.com

Thanks. :)
Elvin

eLf said...

hi KC,

I would like to visit Broga Hill most probably next week end. However, I do not know the way up the hill. Is the trek up to the hill easyly visible?

Elf